Timber Cladding: Technical Design: RIBA Plan of Work Stage 4
This module on timber cladding is the third of three videos covering the core objectives, concept design and technical design stages of the RIBA Plan of Work.
Video 3 of 3: RIBA Plan of Work Stage 4: Technical Design. This 10 minute video covers technical details for cavities, structural support and battens, technical details for installing timber cladding, fixing different styles of timber cladding, corner details and British Standards and Building Regulations.
The module of three videos will help you understand and learn about the following topics:
- Understand how to design using timber as an external cladding and the design effects that can be achieved
- Understand how to ensure the sustainability of timber cladding and the procurement of legal and sustainable timber
- Understand how to specify and detail cladding
- Understand how to issue fixing instructions to the contractor
- Understand how to issue coating and maintenance advice to the contractor and customer
- Learn about the relevant British Standards and Building Regulations relating to timber cladding