Fabric and Tapestries - How to Choose the Best Solar Protection for Windows: Fabric Blinds
Choosing the right fabric is essential to ensuring cost-effective, environmentally-friendly and aesthetically pleasing solution.
By selecting the right fabric you can increase daylight harvesting and in turn, reduce electric light consumption. Occupants’ comfort and productivity can be greatly improved with greater glare control. Additionally, codes and standards such as BREEAM and LEED can be exceeded by maximising energy efficiency, daylight and views, and environmentally-friendly materials.
Once you have attended our CPD you will be able to:
• Understand the advantages and disadvantages between fabric materials and compositions
• Identify various weave patterns and structures
• Recognise commonly referenced solar performance terminology
• Understand what factors and variables can affect the performance of a solar screen fabric
• Determine how to choose the best fabric considering a project’s priorities or site analysis