This CPD aims to:
- Begin the study of elements of whole systems design with the site assessment phase.
- Explore building and site elements that are important in microclimatic design.
- Observe building form and microclimates where you live.
- Use the lecture and reading information to create (draw) a site assessment plan and (write) a Building Assessment for your case study site.
- Incorporate the study of water into climate modification techniques and design applications.
- Understand the functional and environmental implications of keeping stormwater on site.
- As the design statement and goals and objectives evolve, incorporate water, low impact design, and the inter-connectedness among various design elements and into the proposal.