This CPD aims to:
- Identify and describe the various climatic, cultural, and economic influences that shape a community's sustainable solutions.
- Identify and analyse strategies to encourage behavioural changes that support a sustainable community.
- Analyse the role of streets, who they are for, and how their design and configuration influence behavior and community wellbeing.
- Identify and describe positive and negative features of a street and evaluate its role within the larger circulation network.
- Identify and describe the impacts of development on the watershed.
- Analyse the full cost of importing water.
- Analyse and describe the role of land use and open space in sustaining a community.
- Develop a rationale for the appropriate blend of land use within your neighbourhood.
- Identify a rationale for the provision of affordable housing options.
- Analyse the nexus between an individual's dietary habits and the impact on their community.
- Describe the impacts of food production on the environment.
- Describe the evolving renewable energy industry.
- Analyse strategic opportunities for local partnerships to leverage waste streams for energy production.
- Identify solutions to reduce energy demand.
- Describe and analyse the energy embodied in the construction, operations, and maintenance of a building.
- Identify and describe solutions to improving climatic and cultural considerations in modern building design.
- Explain the rationale and objectives for introducing sustainable features in your community.
- Analyse the cultural, political, and economical obstacles to introducing changes in your community.