This CPD aims to help architects:
- Identify a truly sustainable firm from inside to outside and use their knowledge to know how to successfully run a sustainable design business, not just what a sustainable design firm looks like.
- Comprehend codes, rules, standards that agencies create, LEED guidelines, state, federal and local policies. Students will have knowledge that there ARE sustainable guidelines that are mandated by public policy in state and local government.
- Recognise the current ups/downs of the implementation of new software based on the process of change in mindset of a group of people.
- Concretely understand AIA Document B214 – 2007 and AIA Integrated Project Delivery and be able to use them effectively during designing and construction projects.
- Have confidence in information sharing and a collaborative approach to educating ourselves and each other in order to market ourselves and firms.
- Understand the liability and responsibility of an architect in not only the architecture/design business but in sustainable design and who holds - should hold - the responsibilities.
- Be effective leaders and effectively guide a team into change that work s together well.
- Know an architect’s role as a keystone species or a supporting member in the industry and ultimately the sustainability movement.