The RIBA Core Curriculum was created by the RIBA for its members, to ensure that learning activities covered key architectural skills. All RIBA-approved CPD material is classified to one or more areas of the Core Curriculum.
Chartered Architects are obliged to undertake a minimum of 20 of their yearly 35 hours CPD from this curriculum, and must fulfil two hours of CPD from each of the ten key topic areas.
RIBA-approved CPD earns Chartered Architects double points.
The RIBA Core Curriculum topic areas are:
- Being safe: health and safety
- Climate: sustainable architecture
- External management: clients, users and delivery of services
- Internal management: professionalism, practice, business + management
- Compliance: legal, regulatory and statutory frameworks and processes
- Procurement and contracts
- Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
- Where people live: communities, urban + rural design and the planning process
- Context: the historic environment and its setting
- Access for all: universal/inclusive design
Selecting a RIBA Core Curriculum topic area on ribacpd.com takes the user to the topic overview, which summarises what could be included within the selected topic and lists Providers with CPD content related to the selected topic area.
Selecting a company from the listing will link to an Overview of that Provider’s CPD.