The RIBA's regional network, as well as the RSUA, RSAW and RIAS, meet your CPD needs with our regular programme of detailed level CPD on specific topics within the RIBA CPD Core Curriculum.
RIBA Core CPD Programme 2013
The RIBA has developed a national programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). There are ten different seminars covering subjects in all ten RIBA core curriculum areas. They are repeated in 13 different venues across England and Wales. All are welcome and you can attend any of the seminars throughout the year at any of the venues and pay as you book.
The seminars are cheaper to purchase with a CPD Club Ticket, which entitles you to attend all ten seminars throughout the year and can bring the cost down to as little as £35 per event.
We hope this flexible approach will give you more opportunity to build your professional competence, as well as helping you to meet you annual CPD requirements.
- Being safe: CDM for architects - practice procedures and competence
Owen Griffiths, Total CDM Solutions Ltd
- Climate: Building physics and retrofit design
Frances Bradshaw. Partner, Anne Thorne Architects; Robert Prewett, Partner, Prewett Bizley Architects
- External management: Professional liability and risk management
Professor Anthony Lavers, LL.B M.Phil PhD D.Litt FRICS Barrister, Counsel in the Construction and Engineering Group at White & Case
- Internal management: Business planning and marketing for architects
Lucy Mori, K L Mori Business Consulting
- Compliance: Party Wall etc ACT 1996 - Understanding legislation affecting architects in everyday practice
Nicol Stuart Morrow, Dip Arch ARIBA
- Procurement and contracts: Design liability and contracts
Sarah Lupton, Partner of Lupton Stellakis Architects
- Designing and building it: Passivhaus myths and realities - a “get you started” active workshop for architects and designers
Peter Warm, Chartered Energy Conservation Engineer
- Where people live: Tools for engaging communities in the design process
Sophia de Sousa FRSA, AoU, Chief Executive, The Glass-House Community Led Design; Maja Luna Jorgensen, Strategic Projects Manager, The Glass-House Community Led Design
- Context: Understanding historic buildings - refurbishment and building performance
Dr Caroline Rye, ArchiMetrics Ltd
- Access for all: Designing inclusive, accessible buildings and spaces
Prof. Keith Bright, Director of Keith Bright Consultants Ltd