To view the RIBA Core Curriculum area select the RIBA Core Curriculum link on the menu bar.
The RIBA Core Curriculum has been created by the RIBA for its members to ensure that key architectural skills are
covered in learning activities. Chartered members are obliged to undertake a minimum of 20 of their yearly 35 hours CPD
from this curriculum, with two hours of CPD time in each of ten key topics.
RIBA certified CPD presentations, such as all those on this site, earn double points!
The ten key topics are:
- Being safe: health and safety
- Climate: sustainable architecture
- External management: clients, users and delivery of services
- Internal management: professionalism, practice, business + management
- Compliance: legal, regulatory and statutory frameworks and processes
- Procurement and contracts
- Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
- Where people live: communities, urban + rural design and the planning process
- Context: the historic environment and its setting
- Access for all: universal/inclusive design
Selecting one of the key topic areas will take you to the topic overview. This will show you a breakdown of what could be
included within the selected topic area. You will also be able to see which providers have CPD content related to the
selected key topic area.
It is possible to link to the provider overviews by selecting a link from the available list.