Brick Design and Innovation
This seminar explores:
- Ancient and modern iconic structures, exploring early brick structures, to the present day.
- Brick used in alternative & innovative ways, creating contemporary structures using one of the oldest construction materials.
- An introduction to clay masonary, and appropriate specification.
- The basic properties of bricks.
- An overview of manufacturing techniques, terms and definitions, in accordance with the product standard BSEN 771-1 2003 & PAS 70 testing methodology.
- A look at special bricks, green credentials, with case studies of projects where none standard brick products are used to good effect.