Building Regulations Part L 2010. Thermal, Solar and Air Permeability Requirements for Windows, Doors and Curtain Walling (specialist unit for new build, non-dwellings)
This material is designed as one of a series of seminars that investigates Building Regulations part L as it applies to windows, doors and curtain walling. This unit focuses solely on new build, non-dwellings. This unit is seen as an alternative available to either sector specific practices or those wanting to cover the material in modular form. The aim is to enhance the deisgn process leading to best selection according to building design and performance needs.
- Part L in the context of reducing CO2 emissions
- The specific regulations, what they mean and responsibilty for compliance
- Notional and limiting U-values and the specification danger
- Solar control, regulations and guidance
- Air permeability in relation to products, installation and pressure barriers
By exploring one aspect of the Part L in context of glazed fenestrations we are able to simplify the details and allow greater time for discussion and response.